A Systematic Approach to Site Selection with Transect
by Transect Team, on May 25, 2021
They knew that they could make their process "smarter while using less time and energy," prompting them to reach out to Transect. After using Transect's Site Selection feature, they said, "it's kind of shocking how easy Transect has made the siting process for us."
Issues before Transect
- It would take hundreds of hours to narrow down a large area to viable sites.
- Each team member had their own approach and methodologies to the site selection process, causing results to be inconsistent.
- It was difficult to keep track of what area had been searched and by what method.
- They weren’t sure if they ended up with the best possible sites for their development or not.
Transect allows us a way to be more consistent across the board so that we’re all speaking the same language.
How Transect Helped
- Time Back - 5 to 10x faster than their original process, from hundreds of hours to just a handful of hours to select viable sites.
- Consistency - Ability to search a large area of land with the same parameters and business logic across their team.
- Collaboration - All parcels are uploaded into projects within Transect, where it was easy to share amongst the organization.
- High Level of Confidence - The developer searched the entire area programmatically, avoiding human error or bias.
Want to sample Site Selection, the feature that helped this developer speed up their siting process to be 5 to 10x faster? Schedule a demo now!